Fish is one of the healthiest choices for your diet. This is especially true if you are aware of the best kinds to eat. Our bodies only need omega-3 fatty acid-rich fish caught in salty or clear waters. Fish consumption has many benefits, including improving brain health and lowering inflammation. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), oily or fatty fish should be consumed at least twice a week. Learn more about omega-3 fatty acids and which fish are best to consume to reap the health benefits.
Why Eat Omega-3 Fatty Acid-Rich Fish?
Experts agree that omega-3 fatty acids are essential for optimal health. These are some of the many health benefits that omega-3 fatty acid-rich fish offer.
- Combats depression and anxiety
- Pre-born babies and infants have improved brain health.
- lowers your risk of developing heart disease.
- Children with ADHD can have their symptoms reduced.
- Reduce symptoms of metabolic syndromes, such as insulin resistance and belly fat.
- Children with asthma can be helped.
- Reduce the amount of fat in the liver in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- may increase bone and joint health
- Alleviates menstrual pain
The Best Fish to Eat to Maximize Omega-3 Fatty Acid Benefits
Here is a list of fish that have 1,000 mg or more omega-3s.
- Salmon (Coho, Atlantic, Chinook)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Oysters (Pacific)
- Black Cod/Sablefish
These Fish Have 5001,000 MG of Omega-3S
- Salmon (Chum, Pink, and Sockeye)
- Tuna (Albacore)
- Sea Bass
Here’s a closer look at salmon to explain the many benefits of eating fish from the above list. Salmon is a great fish, whether you choose to eat wild or farmed varieties. Wild salmon is preferable to farmed salmon due to its lower exposure and higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Farmed salmon can be more expensive, but it is still a good choice for your health. Salmon is versatile and can be enjoyed in many salmon dishes to suit individual tastes.
This article was written by the owner of Caps Steamer Bar & Grille. Caps is a fish restaurant in St Pete that serves Florida Seafood with a Bahamian Influence. Cap’s Steamer Bar & Grill is St.Pete’s destination for the freshest seafood featuring a stunning Raw Bar, table-side steamer bar, and gourmet comfort classics with a modern Americana flare.